Monday, March 05, 2007

parrots!

Aziza had her stitches out on Saturday, and another hormone shot to keep her from producing any more eggs. The vet said she appears to be doing well, and she does seem to be a lot more energetic now that she is off all medications except the terbenefine. I think the antibiotic she had been on was affecting her somewhat, as I've always noticed that she seems to lose weight while she's on them. She was back down to 211 g on Saturday, but the vet didn't seem too worried about it (she's weighed less). I'd like to see her back where she was (~238 g) so I'm hoping she will start gaining the weight back now. But she is healing well from her surgery, so that is good. I don't know how long it will be before the feathers they removed will come back in - the poor thing is going to itch, though, when they do.

As for Kianga, no second egg yet, though she acts like she might lay another. I don't mind if she has one more (she always stopped at two before), but I will be keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't have any trouble. She has been in good spirits, however - making funny noises and comments (I swear she has a sense of humor).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home