Wednesday, September 27, 2006

travel blogging

Well, here I am at my parents' place in Southwest Utah. It took a couple of days to figure out what settings I needed to toggle on my computer in order to get onto their wireless network, but I finally made it work. I am playing with a digital camera I am getting second-hand from one of my mom's friends down here, who is an excellent digital photographer and early adopter of new technologies, so he had a couple of cameras he wanted to get rid of (thanks, George!).

I am trying out a Casio EX-Z120, which is a 7 megapixel camera with zoom and some video capability. I used GraphicConverter to shrink down a photo:

This is a view from my parent's acreage, looking west towards a part of a mountain range at the edge of the Great Basin that the locals call "Bumblebee."

3 Comments:

Blogger grantcommacary said...

congratulations on potentially finding a camera. i've tried the ex-z120 and it has some very good features. and use the video sometime...it's fun, believe me.

glad to read you made it there safe and sound. i look forward to further posting and photos. (the one posted now looks a good deal like where i grew up.)

don't forget to snap a few pics of mormons hanging out at starbuck's!

8:01 AM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Tlazolteotl said...

Yes, it does look at lot like parts of the valley down here - also a valley, but it runs north-south instead of east-west.

I meant to email you yesterday - just finally got the wireless connection here working, and ended up just sending one long one to Jon, who tried to call me from South Korea as I was travelling (though he had a pretty good idea I would be on the road then and not able to chat).

I'm playing with some other shareware programs to shrink photos down to web size, one promising one so far. I'm trying to post another pic, but blogger is being stubborn right now.

12:51 PM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger grantcommacary said...

funny...i didn't think about you driving down there...at least, that's what i assume "on the road" means.

and why is jon in so. korea?

please say hello to your folks for me...although i doubt they'd remember me.

2:46 PM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home