Friday, July 25, 2008

insanity

This is the kind of thing that makes me really mad:

In court documents, Ferguson argued that Zellmer was unemployed for the 88 days they were married and that she and Ashley's biological father were her parents in all ways.

Ferguson became Zellmer's fourth wife in September 2003. Three months later, Ashley drowned in the family pool at their home near Kent while she was in Zellmer's care.


Okay, mom left her girl in her new husband's care, even though they'd been married less than 3 months, and maybe she didn't know him as well as she thought. But then....

In June 2007, King County prosecutors charged him with first-degree murder when they learned he had taken out a $200,000 insurance policy on Ashley and that there were previous incidents where Ashley told her mother that he had thrown her down the stairs.


Wait a minute. Mom knew that her new husband was abusive towards her little girl, and still left her alone with him? Somebody needs to explain to me why this woman isn't also facing criminal charges?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as the father of a 2 1/2 year old girl.....this story makes me want to (a) throw up and (b) find these people and beat them to death with my fists.

but what also caught my eye was that parental immunity thing. WTF??!!?? and the case which set the precedent..... double WTF???!!!???

1:53 PM, July 30, 2008  
Blogger Tlazolteotl said...

I know what you mean.

Wow, she's 2 1/2 already? Time really flies, doesn't it?

9:02 PM, July 31, 2008  
Blogger Vicki said...

Just wanted to thank you for having my back tonight.

There are a few at the blue place who dislike (is it hate?) me and will say things to...I don't know. It's weird.

I'm not like that. I love everyone, pretty much.

Anyway, I appreciate that you stood up for me.

*Mwah

Feel free to e-mail me at the addy on my blog if you ever need an ear.

10:02 PM, July 31, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vicki, say it ain't so! you're sweeter than peach pie! have they completely lost their minds over there? feh, maybe it's a good thing i've been avoiding that place. if you want a virtual hang-outery, you could probably do a lot worse than shakesville. ever go there? they are great folks.

1:03 PM, August 01, 2008  
Blogger Vicki said...

No, r@d@r,

But thanks for the nice words.

Where's Shakesville? I'll check it out.

1:39 PM, August 01, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com

as amiable a lefty hang-outery as has ever been seen.

1:47 PM, August 05, 2008  
Blogger Tlazolteotl said...

Vicki, you are very welcome.

As I said, I know you are capable of sticking up for yourself, when you think it is necessary (a lot of times, it really is better to let stuff slide). That being said, I have been seeing her pull that shit with a lot of other commenters lately - regulars too - and just am mystified at why she would think that was OK. I just wanted to let her know that there are limits for some of us to what is acceptable.

You weren't even addressing her so much as making general observations, she should have just rolled her eyes and scrolled on past.

1:23 PM, August 06, 2008  
Blogger Tlazolteotl said...

Oh, and I do thank you for the kind thoughts a few months back when I was apprehensive about my mammogram. This year I had some concerns about it which were resolved by the films, but with rates being what they are, and I have some risk factors, well, it was nice to feel supported by you and the other kind women there.

1:26 PM, August 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home