Thursday, January 05, 2006

Do you believe in magic?

Does Pat Robertson think he's going to live forever?

Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine punishment for "dividing God's land."


I've noticed that Robertson is pretty selective about who he thinks has incurred the wrath of God when something bad happens. I haven't heard a peep about all those nasty fires in God-fearing Oklahoma and Texas that have killed some people, and for many others, destroyed everything they had in the world. In making this particular remark, I guess Robertson thinks he somehow isn't a stroke candidate himself. Now, I don't believe in sympathetic magic, so I wouldn't blame God's wrath for anyone's stroke, even Robertson's. But neither will his followers, and they do believe in sympathetic magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home