Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving menu

This is what we're having for Thanksgiving in our house:

Nibbles: crackers with exotic cheeses (a blue cheese from Spain, a triple-cream from France, a smoked gouda-like cheese from Greece).

Soup: Kabocha-leek soup with lemongrass and coconut milk.

Main Dish: Phyllo triangles filled with roasted butternut squash, roasted pasilla chilles, and sauteed leek, seasoned with cilantro and curry.

Sides: Sauteed fennel bulb, green beans with almonds, mashed potatoes with sour cherry and port sauce.

Dessert: Fresh fruit, apple pie (I bought a "rustic" apple apie for the omnivore and I to try, but is isn't something I baked myself).

All except the nibbles and mashed potatoes are vegan. I don't think I'll hear any complaints from the carnivore in the house, though. [Our house is definitely a mixture - one omnivore (who actually doesn't care for vegetables that much, except when I'm cooking), one strict vegan, and me (mostly ovo-lacto)].

Yes, I will be busy in the kitchen tomorrow.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. If you are stopping by, please let me know what's on your Thanksgiving menu.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Over here from Atrios.
Our menu tomorrow is pretty much the standard fare, but lower in fat. The stuffing is not cooked in the bird. No butter on the veggies, as they taste just fine without.
We 'll have a baked corn/lima bean/onion casserole, turnips, stuffing , mashed, whole-berry cranberry sauce, turkey, relish tray and apple pie

5:36 PM, November 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home