Wednesday, January 23, 2008

translator

So, I understand that on Monday, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday, Mitt Romney was running around in a parade, pressing flesh and kissing babies, as politicians do.

Mitt Romney was greeted warmly by a largely African-American crowd at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Parade in Jacksonville. He shook hands with several dozen parade-goers and even hugged a few of them.
...
“Who let the dogs out?” he called out, as he stood there beaming in his shirt and tie. “Who! Who!”


I understand that he also referred to a little kid's necklace as "bling bling."

From the script of the 1980 movie Airplane, I declare that what Mitt needs is a "jive translator":
Jivemn2 : Mnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Attndnt : Can I get you something?
Jivemn2 : S'mo fo butter layin' to the bone. Jackin' me up.
Tightly.
Attndnt : I'm sorry I don't understand.
Jivemn1 : Cutty say he cant hang.
Woman4 : Oh stewardess, I speak jive.
Attndnt : Ohhhh, good.
Woman4 : He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Attndnt : Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine.
Woman : Jus' hang loose blooood. She goonna catch up on the rebound a de medcide.
Jivemn2 : What it is big mamma, my mamma didn't raise no dummy, I dug her rap.
Woman4 : Cut me som' slac' jak! Chump don wan no help, chump don git no help. Jive ass dude don got no brains anyhow.


In this case, I think the "jive ass dude don got no brains" would be Willard.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwwAaVmnf4

- enjoy (cringe)

1:43 PM, March 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home