Wednesday, May 10, 2006

bird update

Only a few more days of antibiotic for Aziza, and she goes back to the vet on Saturday for a checkup. She is still thin, but I have to say, she is starting to act more like her old self. Saturday, she wanted out, and took up her usual place on the headboard of the bed. She surveyed the room and the outside through the window - she had a look on her face I hadn't seen in weeks. Last night she came out and did the "Pionus strut" back and forth on the headboard, wings and tail flared. I haven't heard her sneezing either. She obviously doesn't like being medicated, but she has been very good about it, and doesn't try to spit it out, or refuse to swallow and then shake it out of her beak. She actually swallows, so I know the meds are getting down and into her system where they can do some good.

Monday evening I cleaned Kianga's cage, picking up her "nest" and essentially putting an end to her sitting. I noticed she was getting very thin, too, and she has been sitting long enough. She is getting back to her old self, now that she has had a day to adjust to the fact that there is nothing there for her to sit on, even sleeping on her perch again, though she is still spending a lot of time on the floor of her cage. Last night I let her out after she asked "wanna go outside?" - which I haven't heard in nearly six weeks. She walked around and investigated everything, talked up a storm, and scandalized the other greys. She has been eating well, so I expect she'll be filled out again in a few weeks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

4:08 PM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home